Wednesday 17 February 2016

MCI DEC 15' EXPERIENCE

Hi guys, congrats to all successful candidates. 
GOT 184, first attempt, no active coaching. 
It all started 5 months back in July, where after getting my provisional certificate I went on to continue 
with my internship in China, and was wondering the same time about my preparation for the upcoming 
dec 2015 FMGE. It was a tough time to decide on my strategy of preparation. I was lucky to have some 
of my seniors who guided me on this. 
The main concern was the time management ( as I was preparing with ongoing internship) and the depth 
of study. I was even worried about the changing pattern of NBE exams and the lack of repeat questions. 
Well, keeping all the thoughts aside I decided to start the preparation as soon as possible. 
I enquired about any notes available for FMGE, and I got to know about DIAMS notes are the best. 
But it would have been harder for me to study those notes as I did not attend the DIAMS classes, 
and reading and revising those notes will take a lot of time. 
So I decided to start with few subject guide books which I studied during my university exams. 
I started with the following subjects using subject guides - 
1. Pharmacology - sparsh gupta 
2. Pathology- gobind garg 
3. Medicine- mudit khanna 
4. Surgery- Amit ashish 
I did the questions of the above guides and few required explanation. 
I started in August and it took me around 5th of September to finish these four books once. 
From 10th of September I shifted my preparation to Self assessment book by KAMAL KV sir. 
I was able to finish it by 25th October. Doing this book gave me a lot of confidence and a genuine 
hold of all subjects. While doing this book, I referred PSM by VIVEK JAIN for latest facts and national 
programs. 
From 26th October to 6th dec I just revised the above stuff 2 wise. During revision I read few notes 
from AFMG-MICRO, physio and forensic. These notes were written by me 2 years back when 
AFMG TEACHERS came to our university for promotional class. 
I gave exam on 9th DEC 
GOT 184. 
[/b]key points- 
1. Planning- keeping time restrictions mind. 
2.touch all subjects 
3. REVISE THE REVISED.
---- GOVIND

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 16 October 2016 at 11:08 , Blogger Admin said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 24 January 2017 at 20:22 , Blogger Dr. Shawn Gaurav said...

After a deep research of june 2016 and Dec 2016 examinations, its very clear that u must build ur basic concepts, after that you should solve as many mcq's as possible after building ur concepts. Core basics from clinical subjects is the key and since the pattern has changed its better that u try to have a more clinical approach to solving Questions

 
At 4 August 2017 at 23:39 , Blogger Vinay said...

Can u provide online material for second year mbbs mci
student course.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home